Thursday, October 20, 2005

Days of R.O.S.E. No More

I'm renaming this to "Memories of R.O.S.E." since I am no longer playing Rose. (Damn, I almost added a "for now" to the end of the previous sentence, but I managed to stop myself after considering for a split second how unlikely that would be.)

I have gone from Flyff to Gate to Heaven to d.o. Online to Lineage II to Conquer Online to a 15-day free trial of Seal Online (admittedly, some were played more fleetingly). After playing Rose, I have never ever said any other game was good, but Seal has managed to change that. O_O

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
At lvl 13.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Some sneaky monster just hit me from behind!


The results of being in an area with far too difficult monsters, all in the spirit of exploration.








Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kupfel in a Gackt-like1 getup.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Previous shots were in 3D mode; the rest are either in Cartoon or I-forgot-what-other-mode.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kupfel at lvl 4X? That's his pet hovering above.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Letting off fireworks


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Fireworks that can't be bought from a NPC.

Seal is rather similar to Rose and, dare I say... even better in some ways?
  • There are more quests.
  • There are more NPCs with dialogue that makes the story element of the game stronger. (I'm a sucker for storylines.)
  • Characters can have pets.
  • Characters can be in relationships which gives out rewards the longer a couple is together in-game.
I had played the Japanese version just to try it out. It's P2P with a free trial that lasts for 15 days. Some other versions are actually free now but I'm not playing those due to language barriers or some other shit.

Instead, I am waiting for the English version of Seal Online to come out with an open beta some time before the year end.


1 I had picked that picture to show why that outfit reminded me of Gackt. Unfortunately, that picture doesn't do him justice so here's another one.

Technorati Tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home