Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Beggars #01

I have been quite fascinated with in-game beggars ever since this thread.

What are beggars? Beggars are players who go around asking for free items or money.

There seems to be no lack of them; they are just less common than scammers (shall go into scammers another day).

Beggars will give you the lamest excuses for why they need money and/or items. Ditto for why they can't get it themselves. I find it rather interesting to see what tales they will spin just to get something for free.

Here's one (old) example of a beggar in action:



I was in the Forest of Wisdom doing Grunter Kings, and he just started in on me like that.

And yes, I edited the conversation with him, because it was also filled with bits of conversation from other players, and things like this:



I think beggars are just plain lazy.

Sometimes, just sometimes, they might genuinely need help.

But most of the time, they're just lazy bastards hoping to gain something for nothing.

Tecnhorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home