Sunday, April 24, 2005

First Mammoth Kill XD

That was one of the best moments I had in a party in R.O.S.E. (There's a "Party" ability so one can team up with others.)

We, a bunch of lvl 7Xs1, managed to do away with two mammoths on Luna, the second planet.

It all started as more of a dare: "Wanna try the mammoth?"

"What?! You're kidding!"

"O_o".

"You're mad."

The mammoth's name was purple2 to all of us.

Minutes later, somehow, all of us got infected with the desire to take on a mammoth.

And we did.

We had 2 muses: UncoverS and MomoNini, and 3 soldiers: Beauf69, TEMOON and I.

Halfway through the first fight, we added another muse, Sanfoora.

Sanfoora didn't talk much, and even died once. But Sanfoora didn't complain, he returned to fight on. Two other persons died: Beauf69, but he was our main tanker3, and uh, I don't recall who's the third one who died. Beauf69 left after the first kill, I think. (Not too sure, but he wasn't around for the second kill.)

Anyway, it was crazy.

A mammoth could've killed me in 3-4 hits. Imagine the amount of healing the muses had to do, on top of making sure that we, the soldiers, were buffed4. They attacked the mammoth too, oh yeah, they did.

Imagine too, our excitement, as we realised that the mammoth's life was indeed going down, despite the many times that that big fat ass "MISS" flashed above the mammoth to indicate our blows had missed.

"It's working!"

"It is?!

"Omg!!!" (Oh my god)

It took us about 10 minutes(?!) to kill it without any further casualties. Truly remarkable. Remarkable as in no further casualties, not the amount of time.

We were pretty much stunned and exhilarated at our first mammoth kill.

Well, I went crazy running around going, "wooooohooo, we killed it!", and someone said, "Omg, the exp5 is so much!!!"

I only sat down when one of the muses built a bonefire6. We all gathered around it, and shared in the afterglow of a extremely difficult (if not, damn near impossible) kill.

We then went on killing other monsters, monsters which were much more normal for us, when MomoNini said that he had to leave soon, and he quipped, "Wanna kill another mammoth before I go?" (To think that this was the same person who didn't like the idea in the first place. ^_^)

So we did.

Brazened with the fact that we had a mammoth kill under our belts, we seeked out the nearest mammoth.

"That one, to our left."

"I have it targeted."

"Start now?"

A dealer wandered near us then, and I asked, "cayenne, wanna join us to kill a mammoth?"

But then, we had no time to add him to the party as someone from our party let off a shot from afar as we, the remaining two soldiers, charged.

XxCayennexX of clan7 UAE started attacking too. Maybe he misunderstood; I really meant join as in join our party.

Well, we asked him to stop a lot of times; we asked politely too. I remember someone said "pls stop". I myself said, "don't ks8, cayenne", after I finally realised that it was him. See, half the time, the mammoth's back filled up two-thirds of my screen. I could barely see myself sometimes, as it is.

Our party leader, the only one who could add or kick party members, told him we'd add him after this mammoth.

But he didn't stop. He wouldn't.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

See the golden coins in the picture above? That's a dealer skill -- Zuly Pink. None of us in the party was a dealer. And yeah, TEMOON was being rude, but that was in party chat, so only we could see it.



In this picture, the damn lil KSer9 XxCayennexX is using a Launcher with cannon balls -- nice, safe, ranged attack.

You know, I suddenly noticed that Sanfoora is also from clan UAE (see the first picture). That makes me wonder...

But then again, I know all too well how a clan's general policy might not be reflected by some of its members. A clan can't be fully responsible for all its members' actions. The most a clan can do to a particular renegade member is to warn him or to kick him from the clan.

Oh, but I digress.

I had such a sense of comradeship taking on the two mammoths with this party. Though they might forget me (long name, bad memory, nothing worth remembering), I certainly won't forget them.

And if there's any moment/experience that defines a MMORPG for me, this was definitely one of it.


1 lvl 7X = lvl 70+. So lvl 4X = lvl 40+, and so on.

2 Monster names appear in different colours to indicate difficulty lvl. From easy -> hard: grey, blue, green, yellow, orange, reddish, pink, purple.

3 tanker = person who is taking most of the hits, usually someone who can afford to.

4 buffed = had spells cast on us that had a temporary positive effect. E.g., Haste Attack, Increased Defence, etc. It looks like this next to your basic character info: , with each lil icon representing a different kind of buff. On the actual character itself, you will see something like this:



That pinkish circle's a buff, and so's that lil cloud of sandy smoke.

5 exp = experience points. One earns experience points from successful monster kills. For your character to get to the next lvl, you need exp.

6 Not my misspelling; Gravity's. It looks just like a bonfire, but is spelt Bonefire in-game.

7 In R.O.S.E, you can form a clan if you're lvl 30 and above, and have a million zulies (zuly = R.O.S.E currency). Obvious signs of being in a clan would be a logo and the clan name above one's head.

8 ks = kill-steal

9 KSer = kill-stealer

Tecnhorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home